|I decided to get this navy broadcloth at the fabric store and cut two big(17"x17") squares. I began cutting strips of muslin to make the 3 stripes. I used the quilting board to determine the width of my stripes. Then I pinned them down.|
|I cut petals (& a lot of them!) from this left over mustard upholstery fabric. |
I tried tracing my petals to make them all even...
|but that got old. The different sizes ended up working well though because I used the larger ones on the outside |
and the smaller ones in the center.
|I made my not-so-even outer ring of petals and pinned them down before sewing them on.|
|Then I pinned and re-pinned petal after petal until my flower began to take shape.|
I didn't want the fabric underneath to show through or else it wouldn't look as full.
|I thought this was a good illustration of how crooked|
|I took three petals, pinched them at the bottom,|
and hand stitched them before sewing them into the center for a 3-dimensional core.
|I used an old feather pillow of mine and stuffed it into my new pillow.|
|The finished product!|